Sunday, December 04, 2005

My basic bio

Wow, so I finally started a blog. One of my friends has been begging me to. So I gave in. Besides, I need the outlet.

The basics are this. I'm nearly thirty, six months to go today, in fact. I live with my mother and grandmother as a caregiver to my grandmother. She is 82 and the epitome of a stubborn Irishwoman. We live in NEPA. That's Northeastern Pennsylvania to those not from the Keystone state. I do love Pennsylvania. It's so beautiful here.

My family consists of: both parents still living, plus one stepmother; two brothers and a sister; grandmother (Mom's mom) and grandfather (Dad's dad); a wonderful nephew and niece, whom I would spoil rotten if I could afford it; various aunts, uncles and cousins. Of my siblings, I speak to my oldest brother regularly (the provider of the nephew and niece). I've never actually met my younger brother (twenty years younger than me) and my sister is an adopted step-sister who doesn't seem to want much to do with me. Oh, well. Now, doesn't this sound just like your typical dysfunctional American family!?

I'm a genealogy and cross-stitch addict, especially blackwork. I love books and frogs. Have I mentioned my desire to be a librarian? Basically, I'm your stereotypical bookworm. If this were fifty or sixty years ago, I'd be called a spinster and be done with it. LOL.

I have something called Celiac's Disease. It's an extreme allergy/intolerance to wheat, barley and rye. I am currently working on losing about a hundred pounds and getting healthy, but since taking care of Grandma has become a 24 hour thing, I can't get to Curves anymore. I have maintained what I lost before I had to stop, though. I haven't gained any weight back. My goal is to be a size 12 by next Halloween. I'm in 18/20 right now. I can do this.

But there's the basic bio. More will fill in as I go, I'm sure.

Cheers.

No comments: