Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Body Snatchers Are At It Again (A Grandma Update)

Well, except for a few breaks for the stairs and the second floor, Grandma's been positively human lately. Mom and I are thinking that the little spat we had with her about her treatment of us made a difference. She's been nice. It's weird. I don't quite know what to think. The last time we had a string of good days, Grandma had a seizure and landed herself in the hospital again. I'm sort of anticipating this, even as I enjoy not being insulted daily and having my real grandmother back.

We had a true discussion about things happening in the news. She gave me some orders and didn't gripe when I got them done in my own time. She's cracking jokes. She asked for my help with the cards and only complained about my public school handwriting a little bit. It's not my fault DoDDS schools don't teach the Palmer method or have nuns with rulers at the ready if you don't make your loop just right. Although, we'd probably win any war quite handily if we just sent the combatants to a parochial school for a few months. They'd be terrified to do anything but say, "Yes, Sister, of course, Sister." Unless they were me and tried to get kicked out of Catholic school. Didn't work, darn it.

I've been downstairs getting ornaments and such but didn't see any pods. Of course, I didn't look in the crawlspace under the kitchen, or in the attic. Hmm...

Doo-doo-doo-doo Doo-doo-doo-doo (I know, I'm mixing my sci-fi references. Get over it.)

Cheers

No comments: