Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Feast

My team at work decided make stuff for Valentine's Day - sort of a sweets for the sweets day. I made an apple crisp, not quite from scratch. I used a GF cake mix and added brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Oh, and butter. I peeled and sliced all the apples - except for the four that Mom peeled - then had the nerve to say I didn't leave enough flesh on my peels for her to eat. The Noive! It was a hit! Everybody loved it. And it was totally gluten-free! My boss even had seconds.

The others brought in two cheesecakes, cookies and brownies so rich I could only eat half of one. Breakfast and lunch were definitely fun. Those ladies can certainly cook. Two of them have even worked as bakers in the past. I had some of my apple crisp, two slices of cheesecake and one of the brownies all told.

*****

LOL. Last night when I made the apple crisp the conversation went a little like this after I gave a piece to Mom, Grandma and myself to try it.

Me: Well, how is it?
Mom: It's great. What do you think?
Me: Yeah, I think it tastes great, too. Grandma?
Grandma: It's okay.

Now, given that her usual reaction to my cooking is "I don't like it", this was high praise. I immediately closed it up and put it in the refrigerator for work the next morning. About two hours later, I heard the refrigerator open and the rustling of tin foil. For something that was only "okay", she took a pretty big helping of it! ;p

Cheers.

No comments: