Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another movie post...

I just watched Destination Mars! on Netflix.  Tee-hee.  It was awesome.  It was such a great send-up of the 50's Mars invades flicks.  The actors played it "straight" with just the perfect imitation of the pacing that the actors of those movies had.  I have a new dvd hunt. 

Of course, I just found 100 Million BC (which is unfortunately on a double feature with Journey to the Center of the Earth - even I have my B movie standards, low as they are) and Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus in the Wal*Mart $5 movie bin, so I'm having a fine movie night.  I am becoming a big fan of the knock-offs The Asylum puts out.  They are just so cheezy.  Ooh.  I just remembered they made this version of Sherlock Holmes, with Dominic Keating and Gareth David-Lloyd.  It wasn't great, but it wasn't the worst, either.  Definitely watchable if you keep in mind it's an Asylum film and the guy playing Sherlock needs to go back to acting school.  Or at least take his hands out from behind his back once in a while.

No comments: