Friday, June 18, 2010

Simple stupidity

Sometimes it amazes me how simple skills elude me.  I'm trying to finish my entries for the Northeast Fair (since I have to turn them in today) and I can't even remember how to thread the bobbin of my sewing machine.  It'll be Mommy to the rescue in a few minutes, but seriously, I'm 34 years old.  In my defense, the last time I used the machine was over a year ago...and I had only used it twice before that, but you'd think I'd remember the basic stuff, wouldn't you?

I'll post pics of the finished entries in a few hours.  One is done.  I had to stitch it by hand since I couldn't find the machine thread for it.  Grandma's thread box had some hand quilting thread I used instead.  It was sort of my experiment piece anyway, since I also misplaced the instructions for the wall hangings and used it to figure out how I'd put the silly thing together.  Now that I know what I'm doing, I'm using the machine to sew up Growth Rings.

No comments: