Friday, June 18, 2010

*sigh* Of course

I misread the date and time for entries to be dropped off at the fair. They had to be dropped off by last night. Judging closed today at 10am. I'll just put them away and enter them next year. It's just so frustrating. I really wanted to enter them and get feedback from other stitchers live. So stupid.

Here are pics of the pieces I was going to enter, anyway.
Here's my version of my LJ group's last MSAL. It was originally charted for cross-stitch, but I'm strange and just had to do it in specialty stitches and add the border and the motifs in the middle. Kathy designed it as a sudoku puzzle!
And here is my version of Ink Circles' Growth Rings. Finally done. It only took me over a year.
Here is the other thing I've finished in the last three weeks. Tree Frog Trio by Dimensions. I, of course, felt it was lacking something as it was designed so I just had to add the words to it. I have the frame and mat for it, I just have to put them all together.
And just because, here is my current WIP, When Witches Go Riding by Prairie Schooler. I'm doing it over one on 28 count fabric. The pamphlet also includes some designs I might be able to adapt to an interesting biscornu in the future.
I was going to enter the two wall hangings and the blackwork Celtic cross I made Mom a few years ago. I'm so pissed at myself, because I could have had them finished in time. I put it off like the idiot I am because I thought I had time. I think I need to put procrastination on my list of nasty habits to get rid of.

No comments: