Monday, March 09, 2009

My computer is back for the moment!

I love my computer. I actually managed to get it working for the last few days. I love it as much as I hate my mother's computer! I still have to get the powerport fixed, but if I can keep it working until my friend can find the time to fix it, I'll be okay.

I've gotten into amigurumi and have finally managed to figure out crochet. I've only tried it on and off for the last 20-odd years. Mom has tried to teach me a bunch of times. I guess it just took me really wanting and needing to know how to crochet so I could make my cute little dolls. Once I get better at it, I'm going to try to figure out how to make my own patterns for some Harry Potter, Velgarth and Tammy dolls. I guess making sweaters and such just never appealed enough for me to want to learn it right. Oh, the link I found was of amigurumi lemmings!

Mom has pneumonia and is really being kicked in the ass by it.

I've started going back to the gym so I can lose a little bit of weight by Sunni's wedding. I've resigned myself to looking like a 50's style Blob for her shower. According to the pattern we got for the dress, I've somehow managed to balloon back up to size 26, while still wearing sizes 18-20 normally. Between that and trying to find undergarments that might make me look a little less lumpy, I was actually in tears. I've been mentioning duct tape. I think everyone thinks I'm kidding. I'm not.

2 comments:

e said...

Gah.

Okay.

1. Pattern sizes aren't even close to real sizes. Seriously. Ask anyone. I promise. And I'm not just saying that. In real life I wear either an XL or an XXL, depending on the cut. In pattern life, I can wear anything from a XXL to a XXXL. Usually I have to resize the whole thing completely, as I'm never shaped the way that their pattern makers seem to think I should be...

and B. You could do duct tape. Just get a crappy white t-shirt, and wrap yourself. Just not too tight, or you won't be able to breathe. Or, you could go look on ebay for corsets or bodices. It's where I get my heavy duty ones. Or, you could check Fredrick's of Hollywood. Yeah, it seems sleezy, but they've got good stuff in larger sizes.

Or I could see what I could find.

Shadowspun said...

It all turned out well. We won the costume contest. Everyone liked the outfit.

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with the outfit. Hopefully, by the time Dragon*Con comes along, I'll be too darned skinny to ever wear it again. Mom's talking about tearing it apart for the skads of fabric it used. We'll see.