Friday, January 01, 2016

2016 Reading Challenge

Well, I've decided on my 2016 Reading Challenge.  I will read and review at least one book a week.  I have a general list, but as long as I follow my ultimate goal of at least 52 reviews, then I'll be happy.  



Here's my general list:
A book by Isabel Allende
A book by Maya Angelou
A book by Margaret Atwood
A book by Jane Austen
A book by Enid BlytonA book by Octavia Butler
A play by William Shakespeare
A book by Mark Twain
A book written by an author with your initials
A book by an independently published author
A book by a local author
A book written by someone when they were over the age of 65
A book by someone that identifies as LGBTQ
A book by a person whose gender is different from your own
A book by someone from an indigenous culture (Native Americans, Aboriginals, etc.)
A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet


A book by Agatha Christie
A book by Roald Dahl
A book by Emily Dickinson
A book by Robert Frost
A book by Neil Gaiman
A book by Zane Grey
A book by Zora Neale Hurston
A book by Stephen King
book by James Joyce
A book by Ursula K. LeGuin
book by Haruki Murakami
book by Nabokov
A book by Plato, Aristotle, or Marcus Aurelius
A book by Brian Selznick
A book by Robert Service
A book by Mary Shelley
A book by Henry David Thoreau
book by Kurt Vonnegut
A book by David Foster Wallace
A book by Walt Whitman
A book or play by Oscar Wilde
A book by an author you LOATHE
A book written by someone with your first name
A book written by someone with your last name
A book written by someone when they were under the age of 25
Seven books - a book by aauthor from each different continent (If only penguins knew how to write.)
A popular author's first book
A book by an author you've never read before
A book by an author with “Q” in their name
A book by an author with “X” in their name
A book by an author with “Z” in their name

I have two new books that don't fall under any of these categories, but that's alright.  They're romances and won't take long to read.  I've also signed up at Netgalley.com and will be reading books from there.  There are a lot of history books.  I just started one about the idea that World Wars I and II were actually European civil wars.  It's interesting thus far.

No comments: