Sunday, November 15, 2015

NaNoWriMo has consumed me, as usual

Well, I'm significantly behind on my NaNoWriMo, but I've made a lot of progress in the last two days.  I'm on a break from writing at the moment because I've written 6314 words in the last two days.  I found a word crawl in the Word Wars, Prompts, and Sprints section of the NaNo forums, Extreme Harry Potter Writing Crawl that's been helping me.  The writer has done the first three years, but I'm not done with the first year yet.  I've tagged a few others to do after these three.

There aren't any for Star Trek, Stargate, Star Wars, or the classic movie monsters, so after I've won NaNoWriMo this year, I do believe I will have to create some for those.  I'm thinking the two for Star Trek would be TOS and TNG.  Stargate would need two: one for SG1 and one for Atlantis.  Star Wars would be from the original trilogy.  The movie monster one would have to include my favorite, of course, The Creature From the Black Lagoon.  I'm starting a list to work on after I make my 50,000.

As for the real progress on my story, I haven't the foggiest where this story is going.  I know I said I would end up doing a few short stories, but they've gone places I absolutely didn't expect.  I think I've watched too much with Peter Dinklage lately because I've actually added a pixie with dwarfism.  They're already only a friggin' foot high.  What the hell?  Mariel has topped out at eight inches.  And now her father is the old, grumpy leader of a council that refused to call for help when a colony of rats was attacking their village.  Where these people came from I have no clue.  So, I now have story lines that range from my original teenage pixies wanting to start a jazz band with the help of a couple of humans, the court of Queen Mab, and to the Elite Guard of the pixies and a village being attacked by a colony of rats driven out of there former homes by human habitation.  Yeesh.

No comments: